Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ignition of 12 Matches

S

SenKat

wondergimp said:

Nice video - seems like a nice laser, too - it's a shame the scamming jackasses won't send one for review to THIS forum - only sent units to their aaffiliate. As their attitude simply reeeeeeeks of scams, nobody on here will touch them with a ten foot pole, and they will soon find out that the LC is not going to support their business for long, even with deceptive advertising, outright lies, and stolen trademarks.

OT: Welcome back, wondergimp :)

It is a very nice laser, but had a small problem until I fixed it. I'll post it later.
Yeah, but I really don't blame them for not wanting to send the forum a review unit, SenKat. I think they are worried that LPF would take advantage of it, and report that the laser is awful and so on. I know I wouldn't want to send something of mine out to a forum that has hostilities to me. So I can definitely understand their position.

T

timelord

We are not hostile gimp, we just don't like Steve lui's scamming ways and the proof is staring you and everyone in the face....

I don't understand their position
if they have nothing to hide, then there wouldnt be any hostilities

they probably just dont want a repeat of what happened when they sent a defective evo125 sample to that site that gave them a horrible review.

sorry but all companies are guilty until proven innocent in the laser world

Timelord said:
Has this clone laser been tested for IR yet??????
Nope. I'm heading down to CSU Chico's laser lab and having it tested along with a couple other different lasers. And a clone laser? I'll have to check into that claim. I'll be sure to report on that. So far, the controversy surrounds the RPL's.

me_too_lazy said:
I don't understand their position
if they have nothing to hide, then there wouldnt be any hostilities

they probably just dont want a repeat of what happened when they sent a defective evo125 sample to that site that gave them a horrible review.

sorry but all companies are guilty until proven innocent in the laser world

That reasoning is absurd. A twisted way of thinking you have Mr. lazy boy.

No matter how you look at it, ALL forums have a reputation. Candlepower forums is VERY strict. They do not allow ANY outside beam shots. MANY vendors are on that site, so you have companies battling for sales. Lasercommunity is VERY strict as well. They do not allow ANY discussion of ANY laser company other than those affiliated with Wicked. Ridiculous in my opinion. Laserpointer forums is known as a rude and hostile forum. (Just reporting the facts here!)

I believe it was a SMART move for them not to send LPF a review unit to a place where people claim 'scamming' for no other reason than their affiliation with Wicked. But hey, I'm here, I've got 2 units that I'll write reviews on so why does it even matter? I'll post what I think about the units, but not on this forum. I'll post them on Candlepower. If you wish to discuss this issue further with me, feel free to PM me.

EDIT: Timelord, to me it does not appear to be a 'clone' of the Aries OR the Hulk even though it says on Tech's website. The Aries requires 2 C sized batteries for a combined voltage of 3v. Whereas the Crossfire uses a 18650 lithium with a voltage of 3.7v. "C" sized batts do not even fit into the Crossfire. More info to come.

nope dont want to discuss this further
ill give you the last word

I'm very twisted like that when it comes to my hard earned money
im sorry about that