Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I would like to make this... but I don't know the first thing about anything!

Ok, first post here, so please bear with me. I am on another forum for camaros and a vendor on there posted this picture of his item for sale (see first picture). It's basically an image that projects to the ground when your door is open. I thought well cool, but I would like it to be a little different. Well the vendor is a nice guy, but he said for it to be cost effective for him to make it the way I want to, he would charge me 900-1100 dollars. THAT is not something I am willing to pay.

So, I've decided I would rather build it on my own. But here's the kicker, I have no idea how to make one of these things or what is even required. I will be the first guy to tell you... I am a complete noob and I have no idea what I'm doing! So after google searching, I've come to this forum and after perusing, you guys really sound like you know your lighting! Can anyone explain to me, how a product like this is made? And how I could make one that just said CAMARO with no circle around it?

laser.jpg

I've seen something very similar at the airport in Amsterdam. It looks to me like a fancy transparency projection.

Can you get any pictures of the apparatus?

You might try asking over at CandlePowerForums

I've seen something very similar at the airport in Amsterdam. It looks to me like a fancy transparency projection.

Can you get any pictures of the apparatus?

You might try asking over at CandlePowerForums

I mean I could... if I paid $179 for something I don't want :(

So no I don't think I can get any pictures of the apparatus unfortunately.

Do you think this effect is done with a laser or by some other type of light source?

And thanks for the link, I just registered and made a new thread. It has to be moderated first before it is shown though, so I will check back later.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the light source is some sort of bright white led or something.

Ok, first post here, so please bear with me. I am on another forum for camaros and a vendor on there posted this picture of his item for sale (see first picture). It's basically an image that projects to the ground when your door is open. I thought well cool, but I would like it to be a little different. Well the vendor is a nice guy, but he said for it to be cost effective for him to make it the way I want to, he would charge me 900-1100 dollars. THAT is not something I am willing to pay.

So, I've decided I would rather build it on my own. But here's the kicker, I have no idea how to make one of these things or what is even required. I will be the first guy to tell you... I am a complete noob and I have no idea what I'm doing! So after google searching, I've come to this forum and after perusing, you guys really sound like you know your lighting! Can anyone explain to me, how a product like this is made? And how I could make one that just said CAMARO with no circle around it?

View attachment 38283

I mean I could... if I paid $179 for something I don't want :(

So no I don't think I can get any pictures of the apparatus unfortunately.

Do you think this effect is done with a laser or by some other type of light source?

And thanks for the link, I just registered and made a new thread. It has to be moderated first before it is shown though, so I will check back later.

Well there it is.....

The person most qualified to make the change to what you
want charges $900-%1100 to give you what you want and
you find $179.00 too expensive to try to modify the existing
product to possibly see the technology and possibly modify
it to what you want...

It's called R&D and it is not cheap.... whether done by yourself
or professionals.

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:

AUS

I doubt it would be a laser dut to the diferent colours. Yellow lasers are not cheap, to do this with lasers you would be looking at mixing several diferent colours. It's probably a white LED shining through a custom transparency over a lens

Yeah, just get an overhead projector sheet and some markers, and then shine a naked (still heatsinked, of course, if its a power LED), optic-less, single LED through it.

Yeah, just get an overhead projector sheet and some markers, and then shine a naked (still heatsinked, of course, if its a power LED), optic-less, single LED through it.

Couple questions:

1) If you used markers on overhead projector sheet and shined a white LED through, would the light look colored?

2) What does a heatsinked LED mean? Just from the words, I'm guessing that means an LED attached to something to draw heat away from it?

3) What does optic-less mean?

Thanks! I tried google but not getting good answers to those questions...

Well there it is.....

The person most qualified to make the change to what you
want charges $900-%1100 to give you what you want and
you find $179.00 too expensive to try to modify the existing
product to possibly see the technology and possibly modify
it to what you want...

It's called R&D and it is not cheap.... whether done by yourself
or professionals.

Jerry

Fair enough, I'll have to look into buying at least one set.

Would an apparatus that went as follows provide magnification and be plausible?

White LED, projector overhead template of image, diverging lens.