Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to make my own laser

what exact things to i need?

so far all i know that i need
150ohm resistor
laser diode
Axis housing
button of some sort
power source

anything else i need?

and i kinda want to know is there a site that i can buy almost ALL of those?
because i find it a pain in the A$$ to order one small part from 5 different sites.

Razako

you also need a laser barrel or some other decent looking container to put it all in. Don't want to do all the work and have a final product that looks bad.

yea, i was just going to dissect one of my fancy huge pens. i believe it should fit pretty well. and do i need a driver board?

Razako

bobobob121 said:
yea, i was just going to dissect one of my fancy huge pens. i believe it should fit pretty well. and do i need a driver board?
A driver circuit isn't essential but if you want your laser to last a long time it is. Without a driver your diode can be damaged by a large voltage spike from the battery.

haha sounds good. im thinking of creating a DIY Red Laser just because of the NO IR. : P i don't feel like wasting money on an IR filter. : )

Abray

green lasers can also be VERY difficult to make, so building a red is a good idea!

also, depending on how powerful your diode is and how much current its drawing and how hot it gets, you might want to buy or make some sort of heatsink for it