Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want to buy a new laser

Razvan

Hello LPF. I want to buy a 5w laser but I'm pretty new in this world and i don't know all the companies and retailers, i want to buy the best premium laser for my money. At the moment i have a Thor m2 1.6w 450nm, 18k Gold Laser 3W 450nm (both from laserpointerstore) and a few chinese lasers from local sellers, i saw a few reviews on the internet that said the lserpointerstore are using cheap materials and a thor ultra 5w will be a bad choice. I've also heard about jetlasers, zeus lasers and wicked lasers some negative reviews. I hear about The Jetlasers have a poor quality of the beam divergence, if it's true i don't want to buy from them because i want to have the smallest dot possible because i want to burning very good with the laser and also to point in the night with him. About the zeus laser they said are overpriced, use a very poor quality of components and its only a brand not a quality laser. And the last one, wicked lasers its only 1w and 2w and they are also too overpriced. So if can someone help me, who own a 5w laser or know better this market, to buy a 5w laser that is very good for burning and have a very good divergence, quality of material, construction and don't waste money on a chinese poor quality laser. Thank you

Razvan

How new are you to this world?
I have lasers since 10 years, but my first powerfull laser i bought 6 months ago and a serios researchment on this domain i do from a month.
I've always wanted a powerful laser but i was to young to understand this lasers, and now i am ready to have one, but still if i have to pay 200$ 300$ for a laser i want to be very good, not a chinese scam. i already boght a pair of OD6 from survival laser.

Sowee7

I have lasers since 10 years, but my first powerfull laser i bought 6 months ago and a serios researchment on this domain i do from a month.
I've always wanted a powerful laser but i was to young to understand this lasers, and now i am ready to have one, but still if i have to pay 200$ 300$ for a laser i want to be very good, not a chinese scam. i already boght a pair of OD6 from survival laser.
survival lasers isnt really a good option anymore, my 190-540nm + 800-1700nm OD6+ glasses couldn't even block 532nm and 976nm properly a lot of other people are having the same issue