Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I want a 2w blue laser

Dog

Hi! I'm having trouble choosing a 2w blue laser. I'm debating to myself about buying DTR's M140 Module with the glass lens for $53 and buy a driver and host on Ebay (total ~$80). However, I realized that there are some good options of prebuilt ones out there. My budget is <$120 for just the laser. I was considering the 2w one on Lucklaser (some say it only reached a max of only 1.6w, but still seems like a good deal). Another option for me was to buy one from these forums. This seemed like a good solution as some members can customize hosts to your liking (I would love a long, metal host with some good weight that could fit 2x18650's). The only problem is that my rep is low. (I'm fine with paying first, if that's the problem) Ideally, I want a laser that can produce around 2w, with on/off button (so I don't have to keep the button pressed for the laser to stay on), in a host that can fit 2x18650's (the driver will take care of the excess voltage, right?) for less that $120 ($53 module + $10 driver leaves about $60 for the host). I'm not asking for a fancy host, just a long metal one, preferably with a large heatsink for the diode. I would greatly appreciate anyone who can help me out with my dilemma. Btw, I already bought OD4+ glasses, so please don't bug me about it.

where are you from though? and buying a module with included x drive from DTR is the best option... Luck laser is a scaming site.... a 2 x 18650 custom host gonna cost more than $60.... unless you are willing to turn ugly looking flashlight into a host Lolz....

the ultrafire host seem just fine... just contact Flamingpyro or Eudaimonium to have custom heat sink for it.
get the $83 combo from dtr.

Last edited:
i think so.... contact them... Eudaimonium for aluminium heatsink while pyro for copper.