Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I got my DX 5mw green to cut a bag!!(no pot mod!!)

Re: I got my DX 5mw green to cut a bag!!(no pot mo

Hey, I'm not an expert. I just tried an experiment with my DX 5mw out of the box. Maybe it was set too high or something :-/

Switch

I know someone here had a video of a 5mW Core popping a black balloon.And it wasn't overpowered, it was measured at a little under 5mW.I guess 5mW can do that if it's focused right.

What would you find impressive PhysX? Cutting something with the raw diode? ;D I did that actually, with my dvd diode before making a pointer out of it.You can cut tape if you hold it very close but it gets the little window dirty.
And about the sun and the magnifying glass thing, you can cut a floppy disk in 15 seconds with a good magnifying glass on a sunny day.

I have a 6 inch wide magnifying glass and its 1inch thick glass! Bring on the fun!

I want to try it today.

PhysX

Switch said:
What would you find impressive PhysX? Cutting something with the raw diode? ;D I did that actually, with my dvd diode before making a pointer out of it.You can cut tape if you hold it very close but it gets the little window dirty.
And about the sun and the magnifying glass thing, you can cut a floppy disk in 15 seconds with a good magnifying glass on a sunny day.

Actually, yes. It is just that if I wanted to impress my friends or something and I poped a balloon with a 5mw through a lens, I know what they would say. They would all say, "so what, it is through an f'ing lense".

Idk, I just don't find it impressive. Sorry for the shitty example, that was the quickest example I could think of at the moment.