Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I bought a green laser and do not know its power

I bought a green laser on the mercado livre for US$ 20. In the label, says that is has 3000mW and Class III, this information is not consistent. Class III lasers are only 5 to 500 mW ... The laser is not very strong, the trail can be seen faintly in the morning in a room. At night it is possible to see clearly in his smokeless, but is not very strong. The point can be seen both day and night, and is very strong, it hurts your eyes if you look very closely. What power in mW can he?

I tried to shoot the laser and pointed it to my camera with a certain distance, and he burned part of the camera, now I have dead pixels on my camera :cryyy:. You should place a prominent notice saying it's dangerous to shoot the laser directly.

Sorry for my bad english...

jimdt7

Hm.. since it burns it's more than 100mW...
and you should get safety goggles for that :beer:
Where do you live...? I can meter for you if you want! :)

Jim

Hm.. since it burns it's more than 100mW...
and you should get safety goggles for that :beer:
Where do you live...? I can meter for you if you want! :)

Jim
Thanks, i'm from brazil. when I said I was burning, I was referring to the pixels of my camera. He can not light matches, so I think it is less than 100mW.

Edit: I wanted to put some pictures, but I'm afraid of causing more damage to my camera.

Last edited:

jimdt7

Hm... Well i live in Greece, if nobody else offers you to meter it
I'll be glad to test it out! :beer:
You wont damage your camera unless you point the laser
towards the lens of the cam... ;)

Jim

Last edited: