Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

I am an owner of a 2.5W Arctic S3... Now what?

Gazen

Mr. Raviolay please combine your posts #11 and 12

As GSS said green lasers usually don’t have all that much ir, but if you decide to get an ir laser or to tinker with dpss lasers, you might want the ones that block ir. If not, the ones that block 190-540 are better with a high visible light transmission.

Thank you for replying. I checked out Survival lasers and ended up purchasing these:

https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Ea...5_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_11309188.aspx

Please let me know if this is overkill for a 2.5 watt laser. I didn’t get the ones you linked me to because the website states that you can stare at the beam with the glasses on as long as it’s 1 watt or under. The goggles I got, in addition to blocking up to 1700 NM also block IR light. The site states it is safe to look at the beam of a laser under 100 watts, Do you think these are better?

Ah, i see. My bad, I didn’t know. But thank you!!

Thanks for bringing me down to earth. I have owned a 200mW laser in the past, so I do have some experience with high powered lasers. But as you suggest, the goggles will stay on. You are absolutely right about everything. I checked out all the material you’ve sent me, and I will continue to learn about my state laws and regulations regarding the usage of high powered lasers.

I intend to use it conservatively, if and only when there is clear airspace.

What are some common reflective surfaces that aren’t common?
I know that you are new here... But...
You have now double posted in this one thread
2 times...

It is considered bad Forum Etiquette to double
post within minutes.

It is easy to edit or add to any of your Posts by
using the [EDIT] button at the bottom right of
any of your posts....

Jerry

Last edited: