Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How's it going, I'm new

Tango

Hello from Louisiana, I have decided to join here after rekindling my interest in lasers after seeing how the technology has progressed since I first discovered lasers around 2010. Science has always been a major interest of mine with many subcategories and particulars, one of which of course being lasers. I'm currently 21 and am studying mechanical engineering. I'm particularly fond of blue high power lasers. So that's my brief intro, I look forward to being here and look forward to the things I may potentially learn from you all!

Welcome to the LPF, Tango. We are glad to have you here among us. I saw my first laser back in 1965. It was a ruby laser and it was brought to our school from the local Air Force base. I had already read a lot about lasers prior to seeing it and was fascinated by the bright red beam that popped a blue balloon from across the stage. I acquired my first laser in 1980. It was a 5 mW 632.8nm HeNe laser that I used to make holograms with. Be safe and enjoy your stay.