Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to mod this laser?

Simo

Anybody have this laser?

youtube.com/watch?v=WeK3OFea5yA

I want to mod it to increase the mw but have no idea how... I screwed up the focus lens once before and is a pain to fix. i think it's glued in :-/

Simo

I can unscrew the top off but cant get the metal bit inside out. glued on...any suggestions?

chido

They're usually pressed in, so you'll need to pull it out with some pillers.

Simo

ok...also the focus lens part of it something inside rattles...and sometimes when i shake the laser the focus goes WAY out and i have to take it apart to fix...What happening here?

Simo

ok guys i have located the pot

But i screwed my optics and everything is out of focus. No idea how to fix. I guess i just have to try.

ASAP Answer: Which way do you turn a pot? (so i can close it for good then fix the optics!)

Theres not way to tell, it depends on how it is hooked up, take some like aligatorclips then clip them onto the spring and one onto the casing itself, then take 2aa batteries and put them in series with the negative going to the spring and positive to the casing, then you can just turn the pot different directions and see which one makes it brighter.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Warning: Keep in mind, changing the pot means overdriving the laser. Adjusting the pot is likely to kill your laser right then and there. Even if it doesn't, it'll significantly decrease your laser's life. Don't ever mod anything you aren't 100% comfortable tossing in the trash