Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How to clean my laser

So I had some specs on my OLIKE sharp 50mw green laser. so i cleaned the focus lens and nothing really happened so i took the focus cap off, ( you just twist it with your hands) then there it was the diode so i tried cleaning the diode with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber and now its messed up and looks like this how do i fix this please help I will do anything this cost like 55$.
this is what the laser looks like with the focus lens on Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
This is what it looks like with out it this is just the diode flashing on Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
This is the type of laser i have Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

mwang

Try using a microfiber cloth and cleaning the lens/diode. But, first off, you aren't supposed to touch the diode, as that may damage it. Now, you already got it dirty, so I guess you could just try and clean it anyways. That messed up beam is because you got alcohol and dust on both the diode and lens.

okay so thats what i did as i said last time but now. The laser wont even turn on all i see is a very dim red light which is weird. Like i know its Red transfered to yellow then green but i shouldnt be seeing that how do i fix it, because now its a fricken red dim light when turned on.

mwang

Now you probably broke the optics. First off, in green DPSS lasers, it is Infrared 808nm to Infrared 1064nm to Green 532nm, not red to yellow to green. Second, that dim red light is infrared light, most likely 808nm or 1064nm. If it isn't outputting green light, that means that the optics are broken and you'll have to get a new laser.

Well since i shud get a new laser. I want like a good laser that can burn and has a long beam at night what do u reccomend a good website plz also i cant fiz it?

mwang

You probably can't fix it, because it seems like those optics have been either misaligned or destroyed. It is too hard of a fix.

First off, if you want a burning laser, you HAVE to use safety goggles. Any laser that can burn can blind you instantly if it directly hit you in your eye. You can also get retinal damage by looking at the dot as well. Read up the safety section of this forum before buying or looking into any laser that burns.

If and only if you finish reading the safety section and understand all the inherent risks, and buy your own safety glasses, then come to the forum's buy/sell/trade section to buy a laser. The highest quality ones are sold right here on the forum.