Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

how much power does it needs?

hi guys..may i ask how much power a laser needs to burn white colour objects too?i know mainly its burns dark colour stuffs and dark plastic..but i want to ask how much power does it needs to cut and burn white colour stuffs..and how much will it cost?thks

That depends on wavelength. For example I'd estimate ~80mW or so for violet, ~500mW for green, ~50mW for far IR

It will cost mucho dineros...think way above 1k dollars.

If you want to burn paper your better of buying a blu-ray off one of the members of this forum...Check out the Buy, Sell and Trade section.

IR is also a good alternative but is very dangerous without proper protection (I mean all lasers above 1mw are, but you cant see IR)

Thanks
brtaman

Zom-B

vizard87 said:
and how much one 500 mW for green lasers will it cost?
the price of the laser plus some good goggles, otherwise it costs you your eyes.

I just found out my 125mW 405nm HD-DVD laser burns about every white surface I can find, most of them instantly. (only actually transparent surfaces which look white due to microscopic refractions burn less well (sugar, salt, cotton)