Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How I got a non working Dino Direct Laser going again

I bought the non working laser off of Ebay for $40.00.

To me to get the host a battery and Charger that charges two 18650 batteries was worth $40.00 shipped.

When I got it sure enough the diode was LEDed.

I ordered an m140 445nM 1.5W to 2W Diode from DTR and a 1W Aixiz Blue laser module and got the laser going again today...

I took the Diode I received from DTR, and pressed it with a vice I bought at Home Depot. Then I soldered the Diode to the driver board, so that the spring is negative and the case is Positive like what is done for most all Green lasers, and you can see this in the pics below.

Then I used Heat shrink tubing to better protect the driver board and offer tension for the battery when installed.

Then I put a bit of Thermal Compound on between the heatsink and the mount the Diode was pressed into earlier, then pressed that piece into the larger mount that screws into the host and it fits nice.

Then I glued the end where the board starts to go into the compartment where the battery is and pressed that with a vice just holding it on for about 2 hours to secure the black pad as you can see in the pics.

Then I installed a battery with negative facing the spring and positive facing the clicky, and she lased beautifully.

I added a custom Blue glow powder ring that I made to the laser...

This laser is Waterproof!!

I know because before I installed the Diode and driver board, I did an underwater test and not one drop of water got inside in 5 minutes.

This is accomplished by the o-rings and a thin clear lens at the top of the Laser, which is sealed by screwing in the part that houses the lens, as seen in the first picture.

I took several pictures below along the process of my build.. :beer:

TopPart.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01347.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01364.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

Nice2.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

New.jpg

new1.jpg

nice-2.jpg

DSC01443.jpg

AwesomeBeamshot.jpg

DSC01444.jpg

DSC01445.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Guys!!

It is a nice looking and unique Laser Host and it's waterproof.

Yes, I did test it out under water and it works!! :beer:

Very nice laser, GlowRing is epic :beer:

Thank you so much.

I'm making Blue Glow rings myself now so if anyone want's or needs some let me know!

They do set off the Laser and make it look killer at night for sure!:)

This makes me so much more pumped up to rebuild mine sooner or later, good job! :D

Thanks Man... Glad you liked it and again if you need the tubing for it, let me know.