Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How do I open up the dx30?

iccy

I recently received my dx30 and there is a very noticeable dimming between the dx30 and romisen 30mw.
It starts out really bright and then dims down to, what looks like, 5mw.

I was trying to think of solutions to fix it and I thought maybe turning up the potentiometer would work. This way it would be really bright, and then go down to 30mw. However I dont know how to go about opening up the laser.

Any suggestions?

Thx

For my DX True 50, I increased the temperature of the laser and changed the batteries to freshly recharged AAA Energizer NiMH batteries. They seem to have higher load tolerance than alkalines. (i.e. my digital camera lasts longer on NiMH batteries.)

Don't open the laser unless you know what you're doing. the DX lasers are glued shut.

iccy

ok thanks..

I JUST bought another 8 package of aaas and they are all the same. After that I bought some aaa batteries and a charger, charged them, and still no luck with dimming.

I think I got a defective one. : /

Zom-B

Just RMA it, they are very helpful at DX (downside, due to shipping you'll have to wait another month)