Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

How can I wire an LED in the tailcap?

I think I have everything figured out, except where to get a right fitting tailcap. These glow in the dark ones are the smaller ones:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5714
They work great for fitting over the Aixiz module, but I'm using a MXDL (sku 3405) which uses the larger tailcap. I measured aprox. 20mm, but I cant find any 20mm caps anywhere.

----------------------------
I wanna put a UV LED in the tailcap of a MXDL, and have a GITD tailcap. If I soldered the LED to the spring I'm only getting a Negative connection, and if I solder the LED to the spring and the host it's still only getting a negative connection. So far I'm not seeing any way to get a positive connection into the tailcap.

However, I will be using 2x cr123a batteries so I will have some room for a wire to travel to the tailcap. This is the only thing I've thought of. I'm not sure what to use to break the connection. I dont want to have a solid wire going to the back. I need something like a JST plug or a dean plug, but small enough to fit in the back of a MXDL tail cap.

Any idea how I can do this? And what are the name of those connector thingys? like the JST plugs.

Use solid core AWG30 wire. It's about 0.5mm thick with plastic covering, 0,2mm without it.

You can also use coil wire, which is isolated with varnish and is thinner.

For a LED that's more than enough.

However don't forget the resistor if you're using anithing above 4v to fee the UV LED.