Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Home made 635-650nm

S

SenKat

Here's a crappy  case for a NICE laser :More pics next post... Yeah - it's sitting on a nasty laptop - used to protect my work surface !! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1507m.jpg
    IMG_1507m.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 88

S

SenKat

Here's the same laser BURNING STUFF ! YEAH !!! ;D :eek: That is a piece of electrical tape hanging down from a white picnic table....my target tape I like to call it !  You cannot see the beam in the pic, but WOW it is bright !  Sdjustable focus, 240mw pulsed / reading 177mw CW  Pretty awesome !

Attachments

• IMG_1512m.jpg
    IMG_1512m.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 102
S

SenKat

And NOW----the VIDEO !  Wooo-hooo !  Look closely at the tape afterwardsw - I cut it TWICE ! :eek:

Attachments

• dvd-laser.wmv
    9.6 MB · Views: 42
NIce toy!... who says you have to spend hundreds of dollars to have a cool laser!!!!

S

SenKat

Here's what the "guts" look like !

Attachments

• gutsm.jpg
    gutsm.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 92
S

SenKat

I put the diode inside an Aixiz module. I punched out the 10mw diode that was in there (no way to save it :( ) and CAREFULLY tapped the new diode into place ! That honestly was the toughest part....I think since this beastie EATS batteries that I am going to redisign it for D cell batts, and put it inot a 3 D cell flashlight case...pics to come sooooooon :cool:

Sniper

So do you have to change all of the wires inside the dvd player to make a laser or just some of the things and where do you buy a more powerful dideo?

S

SenKat

You gotta totally destroy the dvd burner in order to remove the diode. At least I did ! I was not careful to attempt to re-assemble after the diode was removed - but then again, it was only collecting dust since I got my Lightscribe unit - so why bother ? ;D Once removed from the dvd burner, I highly doubt you can re-insert the diode again.
I am dealing with Rohm Electronics, trying to get some 350mw(cw) red diodes from them. If I can, that would be truly spectacular - then I would build a beastie that blows WL out of the friggin water for sure. It may not be as pretty as the Spyder II case, but I could guarrantee 350mw - where they cannot, and I damn sure wouldn't mark it at two THOUSAND dollars to sell it !!! :cool:

T

timelord

Sounds good
I'm looking for a diode to go in a x-y scanner i brought, it only has a 5mw 635nm-670nm diode running at 3volts the dimensions i need is 9mm diametre and 20mm in length the. I want a couple of high powered ones in green and red. If anyone know who has diodes like this for my little project please pm me. :cool:
Here's what it looks like i've already pulled it apart and it can be modified to use laser pens but if doing that the case will have to be destroyed, Also there is a feature on it to do dash lines so a diode will be the ticket here. Sorry to get off topic  ;)  

Attachments

• Image030.jpg
    Image030.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 102