Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Holography Safe Light

Anthony P

I would like some advice on a darkroom safe light for holography. There are dozens available. I am using green sensitive VRP-M plates from Integraf( 400nm-570nm). Budget is always a concern but most are not very expensive. Maybe the ability to change the bulb without replacing the whole thing would be good.
In the past I have always done developing in total darkness. This is my first attempt with green plates instead red sensitive. What about red LEDs? If anyone has experience with this their advice would be greatly appreciated.

Unpairedelectron01

Red LEDs will work fine, you could even use a red laser diode. I use red holography plates so I just have a 50mw green laser with the lens unscrewed pointing behind me, works like a charm.

I was going to say basically the same thing. When using red laser light a green development light works best. I always use just enough light to see what I am doing as you don't want to over saturate your plates even with light that shouldn't make a difference. For you 530nm laser, I would try a dim red light. It is best to let your eyes become accustomed to the dim light before you start working.