Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

High Power Heatsink Combo Kit Now for Sale (image heavy)

Hey guys,
I enjoyed the long runtimes of a recent 445 build so much that I just had to share it.
PB200044.jpg

This heatsink will work for any diode that fits in an aixiz module but it handles a high power build very well.
The price is $50 USD
Included is:
the main heatsink
a driver heatsink
a blank PCB board (with 2 wires soldered on)
2 - wires to go between the diode and the driver (flaminpyro wire)
2 - 1/2" pices of heatshrink tubing for the diode to wire connections
an Aixiz module that has been turned down to 11.1mm (to take the chrome off)
as well as the spring and acrylic lens for the Aixiz module
You will have to order:
a 5.6mm diode
a suitable driver
a suitable lens if your build is over 200mW (the acrylic one may melt and ruin your diode)
Thermal paste, arctic silver or arctic alumina are good
The host this heatsink fits in (Ultrafire WF-501B)
DealExtreme: $9.90 Ultrafire WF-501B Philips Luxeon K2 Blue LED Flashlight (1*18650/2*CR123A)
I recommend the blue one in the link because it matches well with a 445nm laser (just in case you run into trouble) ;)
also, you will need an 18650 battery with a charger
DealExtreme: $9.57 TrustFire Protected 18650 3.7V True 2400mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)
These ones are inexpensive, have worked well with my 1.6W build and no problems so far with the current draw.

You will need to solder the wires from the PCB board to your driver and put a piece of tape over the PCB to prevent a short. Set your driver to the desired current with a dummy load.
Using a vice, carefully press the diode into the module. Solder the connections from the driver to the diode (shrink wrap at the diode) then adhere the driver to the driver heatsink with thermal paste. This needs to be centered to avoid contact with the heatsink when assembled.
PC040014.jpg

I recommend lava's micro flexdrive or microboost drivers because the driver heatsink was made with those dimensions in mind.

The PCB board is a press fit to keep it in place.
I made the driver heatsink a little shorter on these because on mine I wanted my focus ring to sit flush at infinity but you might want to set the module in deeper.
Mine was just a little too long so the driver touches the back of the Aixiz module.
PB200040.jpg

This a very durable heatsink with a lot of mass to wick the heat away from the electrical components.
PB200039.jpg

The price for this heatsink is $50 + shipping. I'm trying to get the price down on materials and if I can, this price will drop to reflect the savings but so far, no one is willing to budge.
I don't know the prices for international/domestic shipping but PM me and I will get the price at the post office.
I am not too busy right now so I can ship same day or next weekday.

There is another option but I don't know if anyone would be interested.
PA140338.jpg

The square heatsink (2nd from bottom) is more of a pain to focus without singeing your fingers but it has more mass. The price would be the same.
PM me for questions/details! :wave:

Last edited:

Still no takers?
For such a complicated heatsink combo I thought it was a great price.
There are about 20-25 steps and 3 machines to go through for each one.

I know this is an old post, but I have to comment. You sure go hardcore with those heatsinks!

Thanks!
The heatsink (and driver heatsink) are 1.83oz.
2.19oz. with the module ^_^