Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hi All, IR question

hi guys im a shooter and resently started using night vision, home made night vision to be exact made by my own fair hands :D it works really well but my main problem is illumination. Icurrently use a 12V 40 LED board that is spot on for close range ratting around outbuildings and modified halogen torch with filter for 20-30 yard work on rabbits but i nee MORE POWER :crazy:

i am starting a new project which involves modifying a previous project with a green laser and the eye piece from an old scope to open the beam to around 5 feet at 100 yards creating a non adjustable green laser designator, working on a focusable one at the moment using an adjustable beam chip torch body.

my starter question is :confused:

how do i convert a green rifle laser to IR, i know i need to remove the green crystal but then im confused by other guides coz they say there are 2 lenses converting to around 1100nm ad then to around 550nm but i need aroud 810nm

also they all go on about the beam being dangerous and it will blind you if you get a reflection off something so how can this be made safe for NV use and is it possible.

or can anyone point me to a thread that can guide through making my own IR laser designator cheaply

cheers all