Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hey everyone, I need some help calculating wavelength for my next project.....

I've been working on the design for awhile now, and was hoping to keep it under wraps until I had a working prototype. BUT, I need to get the math right before I assemble the cavity and configure the active medium.

A few preliminary details:

The active medium is going to be a matrix of a specific type of cotton/merino wool blend.

The output SHOULD be pure scotch plaid, but I don't know how to determine the wavelength of that output. I'm thinking it must be expressed in nmˉ¹ (reciprocal nanometers), because of the quantum trapping that occurs within the merino wool matrix, and the fact that it must originate in K-space for the population inversion to yield enough calico kittykats in real time.

This is what I have so far: [(7.0030691 + a pumpkin) / 42] - 4.13 * (the ladybug constant) ^7ˉ¹µs * (9.517m/sec² - 4 Lemurs)

Sooooooo......what's the wavelength of pure Scotch plaid?:thinking::banghead:

Anyone?..........Bueller?? .......Anyone?

On a separate note....How long is a piece of string?

Last edited:

Teej

I've been working on the design for awhile now, and was hoping to keep it under wraps until I had a working prototype. BUT, I need to get the math right before I assemble the cavity and configure the active medium.

A few preliminary details:

The active medium is going to be a matrix of a specific type of cotton/merino wool blend.

The output SHOULD be pure scotch plaid, but I don't know how to determine the wavelength of that output. I'm thinking it must be expressed in nmˉ¹ (reciprocal nanometers), because of the quantum trapping that occurs within the merino wool matrix, and the fact that it must originate in K-space for the population inversion to yield enough calico kittykats in real time.

This is what I have so far: [(7.0030691 + a pumpkin) / 42] - 4.13 * (the ladybug constant) ^7ˉ¹µs * (9.517m/sec² - 4 Lemurs)

Sooooooo......what's the wavelength of pure Scotch plaid?:thinking::banghead:

Anyone?..........Bueller?? .......Anyone?

On a separate note....How long is a piece of string?

The answer, my friend, is blowin in the wind.

:evil:

Do keep in mind that, depending on your cavity mirrors' coatings, you may end up with a multiline plaid, rather than monochromatic plaid, because merino wool-doped cotton has very many spectral lines capable of gain.

Teej

When you say PURE Scotch Plaid, that would not refer to the checked pattern, that actually refers to a blanket work over the shoulder....the pattern is actually a tartan, and there are different tartans that are all Scottish.

The REAL tartans were not standarized. The FAKE tartans were standardized later, in an attempt to assign patterns to clans...but when there WERE clans, the clans did NOT have standarized patterns.

So, the wavelength of a traditional, non-standardized tartan pattern, using natural local dyes, etc, was 560 nm integrated warp and weft.

Last edited: