Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with my new laser

mgt123

Hello there. im pretty new to this and need some advice. I brought this from focalprice

Focalprice.com offers 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) ,discount 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black),100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black) products,low price 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (Black),cheap 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pointer (

Ive recieved and is very good and bright. Can see the beam for miles. But ive only had it for a day and the batt seems dead already.

Could anyone tell me what batts i need (CR2) and what would be best .

Could i just pick up and energiser Cr2 litium for a supermarket? or go for a rechargerable type?

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Go for the rechargeable ones. You will save yourself money in the long run.
If you ran the laser for more then 2-3 hours total, your batt. is probably dead. It may have been almost dead when you received it.
The best RCR2's are going to cost around $10 each, the cheapest, around $2 each. It is well worth it to spend a few extra $ and get good ones.

These are decent, not great, but do OK. Protected RCR2's are hard to find. Look hard enough and you will find some more.
Protected CR2/15270 Li-Ion Battery, 3 Volts, 600 mAH

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

As he said, alkaline cr2 batteries are VERY expensive, you can usually get the rechargable ones at less than the normal ones, so don't even consider them ;)

Ebay is the best source for them. There are two types of them, the 3V and the 3.7V ones (3.6V sometimes). Make sure you buy the first ones or you might fry your new toy.