Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with battery problem

Thor

Hi all, I'm just getting into this laser addiction!!! Anyway I need some help, probably dumb help.... I have this cheap red laser pillaged from a laser level and I want to put it on a friends air pistol. I have made a new tube for everything to slide into, the original tube has room for 2 AAA batteries. The new tube I made, I made for only one AAA battery so it doesn't look stupid on the gun. Well the laser will not fire up on one battery. Is this determined by the little driver board on the back of the laser? Or am I missing something?

Here is a pic of the old tube and laser before I made the new tube and made a smaller heat sink for it...

Thanks for any help or guidance....

PictureMedium2.jpg
[/IMG]

It sounds like you'll need that extra AAA to get the full 3V that the driver circuit wants. You only have 1.5 volts to it. Not many drivers can do much with that.

Thor

Thanks for your reply! So would I be better of modifying a dollar store cheapo, one that comes with a single battery? All im looking for is the shorter "tube".

Thor

More than one way to skin a cat..... Thanks! Im sure I will be posting more when I get my parts in...... I want a green and blu laser, so I ordered some parts to build them... Lots of info here, kept me busy for a while now reading.