Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help with 532nm wavelength (Green)

Hello,

I am new to the forum. I am hoping you guys could help with what I am trying to do. I am actually a photographer and I am not engineer.

I have 532nm wavelength (Green) laser pointer-- the origin of which I have no idea. the only reason I know the wavelength is because it is written on the side of the tube its in. It has a click type button. Click once it turns on click twice and it goes off. Says it made in China.

I want to point the laser at "some" material and have the material glow for about a second -- if this is even possible. It needs to glow just long enough to snap a photograph. I have seen what looks locite/plastic with some mirrors inside or something reflective and shinning the laser lights up the whole block and it seems to glow for some time.

The object I am hoping to light up is a quarter or half dollar size object.

I have looked at various website for powders or papers but have no clue what I am looking to purchase. If there is no way to do this, I will find a different way to fake what I am trying to do.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.

ENX

Last edited: