Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help, Please!

Storm

This is probably a common sense question for a lot of you guys. But I'm making my own laser. And I have everything I need. But when I hook up the wires to the switch.(keep in mind its open) It comes on. And when I push it down. It cuts off. This is how I have it hooked up.
2 positive wires on one side. 2 negative wires on other side.
And these are the switches I have.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...+switch&kw=momentary+switch&parentPage=search

Daedal

What you have is a momentary off switch that is normally on. You want the opposite... :(

Sorry;
DDL

Ahhh, the radioshack site sates they are normally open, which mens that pressing it down will close the circuit momentarialy.

But, there is only two pins on each switch so it seems weird that you could wire it in such a way that you have achieved the opposite.

So, either the switch is broken in which case you would like to try the second one that came in the set, or that you have bought a momentary switch that is normally closed, but you linked us to the wrong one on radioshack. Looking at radioshack, it does not look like there is a normally closed version of the switch you showed, but there are other kinds that are normally closed.

Storm

Well I ran to MY radioshack today. Not the internet. And I found some that were closed. And they worked. So it's all good now.