Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help Needed

I recently purchased this laser:
Buy 200mW 532nm Adjustable Green Beam Laser Pointer with Lock (Black) in US$ 30.13 in Low Price- Free Shipping

Its a very nice laser for the price and does indeed light matches and such. :p But, there is a problem; when this laser, or the one I got rather, is focused, the beam seems to be split? that's the best I can describe it. When it is focused, I can see two beams coming form the lens... but after 10 or so minutes of use, the beams combine and become one. this is weird to me... Also, when I turn it on, for a slip second, there are two beams and then they combine.. :thinking:

I don't know if it is meant to do this but any help would be appreciated

Sounds like your laser is not in TEM00 until it warms up. It is possible for a set of laser crystals to produce two, or even multiple beams. I have a keychain green laser that starts with two beams for about 30 seconds and then switches to one beam. Look up transverse emission modes for lasers for more info. Here is one of my videos.

Keychain Green Laser Changes Modes - YouTube

Last edited: