Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help needed from those that sent money overseas using WU

I plan on sending money through Western Union for something coming from India. I know others have bought stuff from China for group buys and sent money through WU. IS there anything I should be cautious of? Do they offer some sort of insurance in case the wrong person gets the money or the person/place doesn't send the product? Anything else I might want to know?

Simple google search will show that payments through Western Union are a gamble, which is why it is the most scammer friendly method of payment.

If it is a reputable company then sure they can send you the item, but there is nothing holding them to any sort of responsibility if the item breaks or comes damaged. Basically once the money goes through to the other side and the seller picks up the money, it is gone.

Your only chance would be to see if it went through and the seller picked up the transfer, and then to call their scam hotline to get a refund, but by the time you get your item you'd have to assume the money would be gone. May I ask what company?

Using WU is even less safe than a bank to bank transfer. With a B2B you have no protection and no possibility for a refund, but at least you have proof to whom you sent the money. WU will accept pretty much any ID, so there is no real proof you actually sent the money to the recipient...:beer:

Last edited:
It's Ajnata Minerals. Quite a few results come up in a Google search. They are also on FB. I guess if the deal turns sour, I could post it on FB. They could either fix it or face a lot more sales losses.