Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help me start on a small blue burning laser.

Treb, I just realized you said $4 shipped! Nice! That's good for me. I have thousands of washers, a heatsink will be no problem.

Just made a good purchase:

A) 2x 803t Diodes ($23.00 @ groupbuy)
B) 1x Rckstar driver with fixed output of 150mA ($14.04 using LPF as discount code)
C) 1x AixiZ blank housing ($4.00)
D) 1x 9V Battery Connector ($1.00)

Total: $42.04 shipped ... not bad, considering it's $1.96 cheaper than DX's $44 200mW laser (which probably is more with shipping). Even though its less raw burning power, violet will definitely be worth it! Ill update when it gets here.

Hi OHNOITZALASER

Just a short note... I am in no way related to DX but their prices include free shipping :)

I, too, am a newbie. I am on my way to build 2 x violet laser based on 803T and one burning red.
Parts were bought from BluRay (Tommy) and ndrew (803T diodes)\

Wow thats pretty cool. But Im in the US I can't purchase >5mW from DX and an extra $15 for getting off group buy is the same thing as shipping really.

OHNOITZALASER said:
I did not know the 803t was violet. Thanks for the information. I appreciate little things like that.

To be honest, while I don't want a fully made one, I do want some already made components, such as a rckstar driver because I want to hook it up to a 9V. Also, I am not extracting the diode since I don't have any blu-ray drives at home, so I will be purchasing two of them from a group buy.

A) What is the mW for the 803t?
B) How much current should I ask the seller to preset on it (I want to burn, life span not too important).
C) Do I need safety googles?

ALL blu-ray diodes are violet. Blue is a totally different story... They are DPSS and are very low efficiency <3% thats why there so expensive and lower powered then all the other colors. ;)

--hydro15

There wouldn't be burning white lasers or black lasers possible would there? Though black would probably freak me out.

white lasers are often known as RGB laser; combine Red, Green and Blue in the right proportions and you get white.

Black laser? that's gotta come out from ink :)

UPDATE:

Wesdaman14's GB just didn't work out for me. Had a trust problem after he changed up the GB so many times and I received numerous PMs telling me not to go with it. So, jake21 is hosting a GB @ $15/sled/shipped. The new budget list is:

A) 1x 803t Diodes ($15.00 @ groupbuy)
B) 1x Rckstar driver with fixed output of 150mA ($14.04 using LPF as discount code)
C) 1x AixiZ blank housing ($4.00)
D) 1x 9V Battery Connector ($1.00)

Grand Total: $34.04 ... what a price!