Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help.. Me... Please...?

Hey, today i recived laser 301, i bought batteries, it worked, i took out batterie and i put it back in, but now laser doesn`t work. Maybe i damaged bulb or something? It worked only with one small batterie which is in first part, it didn`t work with 2 batteries which are in first and second part. I tried everything... For real - everything. I don`t know what to do - Should i take my money back or i can fix it somehow? Here are some pictures. 2014-08-21_adxtkyw

You should NOT put two batteries in the laser.

It works on only one battery. You can put 1 small (16340) battery, or 1 large (18650) battery.

If you put two small batteries instead of one large, you may have destroyed the laser.

Sorry :(

You can fix it, if you buy a new green laser module. You need to know how to disassemble and assemble the laser, and have correct tools. Do you think you can do that?

I probably can do but module is problem. I can only get it from e-shops which usually sends items from china or USA but i live in Latvia. Maybe i can edit this module or somthing? Thank you.

Almost all online shops ship worldwide.

Try finding green modules on eBay. Search for 50mW green module. Choose which have 12mm diameter.

They should be very cheap, and ship worldwide.

You only need Paypal and eBay accounts for that.

A lot of sellers here ship worldwide too, and almost all companies.

can i put 12mm 200 or 100mw in it?

You sure can but remember that a 50,100, 200 or even a 20mW can do irreversible damage to your eyes faster than you can blink. Remember your safety and get appropriate laser glasses and remember the safety of others and never point your laser at anyone! Have fun!

can i put 12mm 200 or 100mw in it?

How much did you pay for the original laser?

I think it was most likely 50mW in the start before it died.

If you use 100mW module, it would be two times more powerful.
No need to spend more money on 200mW, unless you want to.

I paid 15 bucks (?) for it. Yes, i`ll use glasses. Stupid question but i don`t know much about lasers. So basicly i buy module, put it in and it should work or i have to buy something else? Like diode or something?

I paid 15 bucks (?) for it. Yes, i`ll use glasses. Stupid question but i don`t know much about lasers. So basicly i buy module, put it in and it should work or i have to buy something else? Like diode or something?
Green laser modules are all finished, you do not need anything else.

You need to know how to install it. The module will probably have a switch on the driver board. You need to solder a wire across it, so it's "bridged".

You also need to know how to remove the old module and install new one, which is most likely a "pressfit" method. You will need a "vice" tool for this.

Hmm, it's weird, it's not supposed to go out this easily.

Can we have pictures of the host and module?