Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help!! just got my...

bxbugs

i just got my 5mW br from ebay i just wanted to see how br lasers are so i bought it its 5mW does anyone know how i can pot mod it? help me please, i wanna pot mod it so it'll be stronger. thanks.

it looks like one of these lasers.

95459541.jpg

Rob

Don't pot mod, you'll end up ruining your laser. If you really must do it though, try youtubing a video on it or use the search button here.

D

Deleted member 8382

not really. it has been proved that the diodes being used on the 5mW bluray laser pointers can be pushed up to 100mW!

Anyway, it's veeeery difficult to open this model, I'd forget about it.

bxbugs

not really. it has been proved that the diodes being used on the 5mW bluray laser pointers can be pushed up to 100mW!

Anyway, it's veeeery difficult to open this model, I'd forget about it.

ya i took off the top part and i though i'd be able to get the driver with the diode out but i dont think i can get it out....if u want i can post pics of the front part that i took out.

I don't think it's too difficult. I used the wood-block method (old trick by I think Hemlock Mike). Basically, you use a drill bit which is a little less than the size of the pen, you drill a hole into a piece of wood, then cut that wood in half around the hole so that you have two pieces with semi-circle holes cut out. Then, put the pen in the semi-circle area, and press the two piece with a vice. It should get a nice tight grip around the head of the pen w/o damaging it. Then, wiggle the rest of the body by hand, and it should come out.