Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

help how do u do a resistor mod?

Hi I'm new here, and I love the site, now I've tried searching on how to do a resistor mod on a basic green laser but didn't find anything. I have the RadioShack green laser, and have already made it brighter buy doing the pot mod, now what is this resistor mod I sometimes here about? Is there a link on how to do it? Any help is greatly appreciated, as I want to pop a balloon at least lol ;D Thank You very much,
Ken.

If you already done the pot mode theres really nothing else you can do, if you bypassa resistor it will kill the diode instantly if not faster, it would be almost impossible to get it to pop a black baloon even.

....lazer... ;D ;D ;D

OK, thanx for the info, I thought it might shorten the life of the diode lol. So I guess maybe I should look into buying one of Kenom's premade Dorcy then if I want to have some fun? ;D (with the lasershades of course)

Yes, those will burn amazingly good, or you could also make your own for less, but it can be slightly hard so if you want to not trouble with it just buy it premade from him.

It is satisfying tho to see one you made all buy yourself work for the first time.

..lazer... ;D ;D ;D