Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP! BROKEN 5MW GREEN LASER!

Hi everyone i recently bought a 5 mw green laser from deal extreme and ive had it for 3 days!

i took the batteries out to recharge and i ve put them back in and it is no longer shining anything any more!
fist i thought it was the batteries and ive tried loads of new ones so that isnt the problem!

then i thought it was the poor quality switch so i took that foamy bit of from underneath the spring and the switch is definitely making contact with the actual thing so that isnt the problem!

so i tried pressing the button down and having a look inside and i seen a square with a red light ( yes red comin gout of a green laser!) behind it!

i dont know what to do can anybody please help me?

don't look at the red light!!

you looked into infrared light which is very harmful for your eyes. that's about as much as i can tell you, i'll let the other more knowledgeable members try to help you out

right thanx for that very much!
ps i have dropped it once or twice but it was a couple of days ago and it was on the carpet and it was working very well afterwards aslo i havent modded it i dont even know how to!

Hi i emailed them (Dealextreme) telling them the problem and Nina replied saying
Hi David,

So sorry for any inconvenience.

Would you please help us to have a check for the cheapest return fee to Hong Kong without tracking number so we offer you further assistance.

Thank you.

Nina

Could you explain to me what they are saying?
(i understand they want me to post it back to them but what is the tracking number all about?)

i think they're saying that if you use a postage method that has a tracking number, it will cost you more than one without tracking. they might be planning to reimburse you for shipping back to them, and thus want to use the cheapest shipping available. i could be wrong though.

right thanx so much for your help!

ive sent them links to a hong kong postage site and no replie yet ill keep you posted if i need more help
thnx again for all your help

surely you'd need to be looking for postage prices local to you, ie from you *to* hong kong, rather than hong kong's own postage prices, unless i misunderstood?

oh s**t you're right! oh god i can be so stupid! ill have a look for royal mail postage costs instead eh?!

right they have emailed me back to tell me where to send it and that they would reimberse me with the postage costs and they would send me a replacement. so i have packaged it up and ill post it tomorrow thnx for all your help guys!