Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

HELP broke laser

I had it running good and adjusted the pot too far. The laser went dim then out completely. I took it apart to see what was inside lol. I was just wondering if there is anything worth keeping or if there is a way to fix it. I still have the driver.. It works good. I removed the diode already.

You could just remove the module and replace it with another. Because it sounds like you fried the diode. Anyway, you could spend 40 bucks and buy a 50mW green module from StandStone11 or just put it up for sale and maybe ask 20 bucks as is :)

and this is why pot modding is not recommended, hasn't anyone told you it is the #1 killer of lasers around the world? why would you spend $84 on a perfectly good green module and then proceed to kill it? I DECLARE HOMICIDE

joeyjojojjjjjj said:
I had it running good and adjusted the pot too far.  The laser went dim then out completely.  I took it apart to see what was inside lol.  I was just wondering if there is anything worth keeping or if there is a way to fix it. I still have the driver.. It works good.  I removed the diode already.

i know how it feels... wondering what everything electrical has inside...lol

u could keep the heatsink for a DIY... n probly use the driver

mabe replace the diode?

WackBag said:
You could just remove the module and replace it with another.  Because it sounds like you fried the diode.  Anyway, you could spend 40 bucks and buy a 50mW green module from StandStone11 or just put it up for sale and maybe ask 20 bucks as is :)

Actually I think StandStone11's 40-50mW modules are only $26.00 plus shipping... IIRC