Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Help a newbie make his first laser

Never ever made a laser pointer before, and also have no idea how it works. I couldnt find anything that was helpful for a complete beginner. I have no idea how drivers work or anything complicated, and am looking to make a simple 20-150mw green laser for relatively cheap. Any help would be much appreciated.

First thing you should have before making your own DIY laser is safety glasses. No point in enjoying your laser if you can't see it :)

Do you have a budget for the laser? Accessories?

-Alex

i have a budget of up to 200$, but i would prefer to keep it more around 50-100$. I already have safety goggle too.

Are you looking for 520nm, direct diode technology, or 532nm DPSS? The former has a more stable, but also more divergent output, the latter has a less stable output, more current draw but generally better divergence. Also, 520nm is more expensive but you will get a higher quality build, as all <$50 DPSS modules are mass produced in china.

gozert

I think I'll just post this to every new thread about building a first laser, as we get these threads every single day: Please give the search bar at the bottom of the page a try, it works wonders.