Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello!

I joined this forum, because I met someone with a wicked laser. I was amazed by it, and by what a tiny little laser can do, so I decided to buy my own. I did a little bit of research, and decided to get a DX laser to start with.

The DX laser has not arrived yet, and I am still considering canceling that order.

Currently, I am interested in DIY's and I am wondering what it is going to take before I can start, and build my very own from scratch!

From the US, in Florida, and I am genuinely interested in the hobby.

laserman22 said:
I joined this forum, because I met someone with a wicked laser. I was amazed by it, and by what a tiny little laser can do, so I decided to buy my own. I did a little bit of research, and decided to get a DX laser to start with.

The DX laser has not arrived yet, and I am still considering canceling that order.

Currently, I am interested in DIY's and I am wondering what it is going to take before I can start, and build my very own from scratch!

From the US, in Florida, and I am genuinely interested in the hobby.

Hey there laserman,

DX takes a long time for shipping, just be patient and it will come when you least expect it :) their price is hard to beat.

check out my site below for some DIY supplies if you're interested in building your own. there's a few other people selling laser stuff too.

welcome to the forum :)

Thanks :) Im wondering... maybe I should start with something very small, and inexpensive... My current goal is to get good enough to assemble a blu-ray laser. I know those are a bit more expensive than your everyday red laser, so I want to get good before I try my luck with those.

I also need to learn a bit about circuits, and resistors, etc... My physics classes were a few years ago, and although some of the terminology does ring a bell, none of it makes any sense when put together in sentences.

Also, ive never really been too big on playing around with wires, and taking apart electronics... Im good with hardware, but when it comes to taking them apart, and putting them back together... im a fool. So heres my chance to get good at it!

I will be in medical school starting in september, and as I have read, this is something fun, and interesting I can do on the side when im not studying!

Thanks again :)