Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello hello hello :D

Well as I posted somewhere else whilst asking a silly question, figured I'd better post in here as well. My name is Richard and I've been in love with laser light for a long long time.

Many years ago a "fun pub" that I used to frequent had a 100mW Green laser in there which they only used to run on sunday nights and I got to play with the controller a few times and I loved it :D

Neve got near one for many years after they sold theirs though. I have seen a lot of laser shows around the country but never had chance to "play" around with them.

I bought myself a 10mW Red Botex LS-403 mini graphic a few years back and really liked it, but I really wanted that special Green laser....So I bought me a 20mW 532nm pointer off eBay, swapped the diode over into the Botex and O.M.G! It looked awesome:D Diode burned out after a few months or regular use though mind...lol...damn cheap laser diodes..hehe

I now have a 80mW 635nm that I bought from odicforce, a 240mw (yeah right, that's what it says, nearer 20mw in reallity) which is in the Botex and a couple of 1mw 532nms which are well over pumped (getting around the 20mw mark judging by birghtness) which are sitting there staring at me waiting for a use. Would love to acutally build a scanner/galvo laser system but it takes too much money and too much kowledge to control them. I have a good understanding of basic electronics, but that's about it.

Have just bought myself a Blu-Ray laser diode which needs to be harvested and I am going to try to combine the red, the Blu-Ray and one of the Greens into rog Rog8811 style multi-colour (including white) unit, but not in a pointer. Want to put it in the botex until I can suss out how to make a scanning laser system of some sort.

Now you know a little about me, including my poor punctuation and a little about what I want to achieve. So, HELLOOOO and be gentle, it's my 1st time :D

Richard.

nice!!
well you certainly started here with more lasers than i did (which was a 1mW red and a 5mW greenie) but trust me when i say this is a great forum!!! If you need any help im sure u'll find it here!... and it might not mean much from me cus im still a noob here lol but Welcome to the forum!!

Hello Fariniac!
Welcome to the forum. There is a wealth of information to be found here if you are willing to look for it. The search function is adequate but limits you to only 25 results.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?action=search
If you really get stuck and can not find what you need, someone will usually point you in the right direction... but be sure to do your homework first.

Good luck and have fun!
TW

Hi .... hi .... hi .... lol

welcome to the forum!

like you .. I'm a newbie here .. and I'm proud to be a part of this community .. hope you too ...

have fun !!!