Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Hello from Perth, Western Australia :)

sealz

Hello all

My names Brendan and i'm from lil' old Perth, Western Australia

What brings me to the laser forums?

I'm a Visual Effects Artist working on tv commercials and feature films and am trying to do low cost 3d scanning of objects into the computer using a laser and a camera :)

After a lot of reading through previous posts, I see that it's quite the task buying laser pointers here in oz. What i'm after is a Green Laser Line Module (532) 5 to 30mW similar to the one suggested on this site:

https://ssl.david-vision-systems.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p89_Gruener-Linienlaser--fokussierbar--5mW--batteriebetrieben.html/XTCsid/67fcdef4b1c8ce4e7e9696bee4641634

Is there any way I can get a cheaper laser line module within australia?

Look forward to hearing from yas!

Brendan

Hey Mate
Finally another member from perth :D.
Alot of red lasers come with line generating optics and there only about $4.50 perhaps you could adapt that to a green. Also due to the fact that its a module there'll be no problem getting it here.

Definitely don't get that dude $95 is such a rip off for 5mW with an optic.
Just use this YH-M 10mw Green 532nm Laser Diode Module which should be plenty powerful and extract the optic from this BL-M 650nm 5mW Red Laser Line Module and you can have a full 120 scan. Looks easy enough to take off. Shoot them an email and there may be a better option. A total of a little more than 20 with shipping. When you do this write a guide or something coz it sounds interesting

Last edited:

sealz

Nice!

Thanks for the links that's great. Really appreciate it

Hey better than me writing a guide here's the links i've been reading through, since i'd assume most on here would have the right laser +- the line optic all you need is the free trial software and a decent webcam!

DAVID-Wiki [DAVID-Wiki]