Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Happy with Jetlasers/Visiting forum for first time since 2011

Hey folks,

Like I said in the title, I haven't been around the forum since around 2011. I started getting into the hobby back then, and after several months, I got distracted with other hobbies. I missed this though!

I just recently discovered Jetlasers, and ordered my dad an Equality 532nm 300mw, and I got myself an equality 532nm 600mw. They arrived really fast, and I was very very impressed with the quallity of the lasers.

I'll probably do a review of them soon. For right now, I'll just mention that on the 300mw one, I've told my dad about duty cycles, and he's going to do about 3 min on/30 sec off, and with my 600mw, it will be more like 2 min on/30+ off just for safety. We want them to have a nice long life.

Next big news for me, is about an hour ago, I placed an order for a Pl-E Pro 532nm 800mw in black, and I also ordered the 10x beam expander.

I've been reading on this forum a lot lately, and thanks to the reviews here, that's how I made the decision on what to get.

Back in 2011, I owned a Wickedlasers arctic 1w blue. While I did like it, I thin jetlasers is in a whole different league.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend to be an expert in this hobby, but I do know basic safety, and am hoping to spend a lot of time around here from now on. I hope you all had an awesome Holiday season, and I hope to talk to you guys soon!

P.S. I just tried to upload an attatchment of a pic of my new Equality 600mw, but it's not working. It said I had to resize it to 600x800, so I did, and it gave me the same error message even after I resized to smaller than the forum asked me to.

Last edited:

Encap

Hey folks,
I just recently discovered Jetlasers, and ordered my dad an Equality 532nm 300mw, and I got myself an equality 532nm 600mw. They arrived really fast, and I was very very impressed with the quallity of the lasers.

I'll probably do a review of them soon. For right now, I'll just mention that on the 300mw one, I've told my dad about duty cycles, and he's going to do about 3 min on/30 sec off, and with my 600mw, it will be more like 2 min on/30+ off just for safety. We want them to have a nice long life.

Next big news for me, is about an hour ago, I placed an order for a Pl-E Pro 532nm 800mw in black, and I also ordered the 10x beam expander.

I've been reading on this forum a lot lately, and thanks to the reviews here, that's how I made the decision on what to get.

Back in 2011, I owned a Wickedlasers arctic 1w blue. While I did like it, I thin jetlasers is in a whole different league.

Nice choices---you can't go wrong with Jetlasers product. They are the best of the best---high quality, professional level lasers----as you say " jetlasers is in a whole different league". Also same goes for their customer service and willingness to do whatever is necessary to have a happy customer. 1st class company all around.

The equality series are very nice affordable lasers but the PL-E Pro 800mW 532nm with BE is an awesome thing to behold. It has a lot of featrues the Equality series doesn't offer ---the internal focusing via rotating collar like a camera lens is a great feature to have, among several

Be sure to get some good quality laser goggles for both yourself and your dad. Those are power and dangerous laser. Accidents happen fast---" at the speed of light" ---occular damage can happen easily with any of the output powers you mention. JetLAsers seels a good pair and also see: Safety

Last edited:
Speaking of glasses, I've had a couple pairs from back in 2011, and I just bought a couple more when I ordered the equality lasers. They are all eBay glasses, and we're only $6 a pair. It feels like they are doing a good job, but I have read on this forum where some people say the cheap ones aren't good enough. It seems like I read here that there is some sort of rating system on glasses. Any input on this would be appreciated!

Hey, welcome back :wave:

Nice lasers you got and even one for your Dad, way to go!!
Do you still have that sweetheart you show on your left temple?!?

Wow, an 800mw 532 with a 10X, that is nice, good choice.

Last edited:

Encap

Speaking of glasses, I've had a couple pairs from back in 2011, and I just bought a couple more when I ordered the equality lasers. They are all eBay glasses, and we're only $6 a pair. It feels like they are doing a good job, but I have read on this forum where some people say the cheap ones aren't good enough. It seems like I read here that there is some sort of rating system on glasses. Any input on this would be appreciated!

I would go with better glasses.

How much are your eyes and eyesight worth?

You have some expensive, nice, and powerful/dangerous lasers so I will assume money to buy a some good goggles is not a problem

see: http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/get-some-safety-goggles-now-75799.html

Last edited:
Treetrimmerguy I don't want to startle you but there's a spider on your face! :scared:

Welcome back ;)

Thanks laserChick! Yep, I do have the little buddy that's on my left temple, and My sons and I have 5 other tarantulas too, also an eight and a half foot boa, and a couple other smaller constrictors. My wife just tolerates all of those pets. lol

Encap, you're right. I definitely don't want to skimp on eye protection. We only get two eyes for life, and they don't grow back! Thanks for the link. I'm going to check it out right now.

RedCowboy, yeah, I'm really excited about this laser! It's definitely going to be the nicest laser I have ever owned by far.

Visiblegreen, Holy crap! I just noticed that!! hahaha This tarantula would be less likely to bite than a mylittlepony doll though, so I felt really safe. =)

Hey Encap, While we're on the subject of eye damage and eye protection. Ever since I got the Wickedlasers Arctic 1w 445nm in 2011, I've used safety glasses in any situation where I could be exposed to damaging brightness. What I mean is, if I'm outdoors, and I'm only planning on shining it into the sky, and I'd like to look at the beam, I wouldn't use the glasses. If I was indoors, and the laser hit a wall, or anything where it's possible to see the dot, I would use the glasses. I don't only use them when burning or something up close. I will admit though, that if the dot was hitting something all the way on the other side of the room, and is hitting the black curtains, and I'm not looking towards that side of the room, I have at times not used the glasses. The dot is literally 30 feet away, and I'm looking in a different direction than where the dot is hitting the black curtains. This is a bit of a risky behavior though, and I would never do this if anyone else was in the room like wife or kids. Like I said in the op, I don't claim to be an expert in any of this, but do you think I'm somewhat on the right track safety wise (besides needing better glasses)? These are insanely powerful lasers, and I don't want to take any chances. It feels like I'm being careful enough though.

Last edited: