Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld portable Spirograph

Hey guys, this is my second spirograph, using a radioshack project box, i think dimensions are 2.5'' in height and width and 5.5'' in length. not positive i threw out the package. but it fits in my hand!
as far as wiring goes..
i have one switch and one pot for weach motor, same with batteries, its easier and i think more pattern designs when you can control one motor at a time.
the negative from the battery to the motor are together and just sitting not connected to anything else. the positive battery goes to the first lead on the switch. the other lead from the switch has a wire that goes to the pot. the positive from the motor goes to any other open lead on the pot. very simple.
Please note: i havent made something to mount the laser in, i just made a small hole just to show you the pics. kinda a work in progress. but everything else is done.
it took me about 4 hours to build (Nonstop) and its very lightweight!~. im very pleased with the results. please leave your feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_0047_001.JPG
    IMG_0047_001.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 157

Jimmymcjimthejim said:
Looks good! :)
I've been thinking about building a spirograph for a while now..

thanks i'm glad somebody finally replied to one of my posts! haha