Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from an Island!

Hi, I'm new here, having just purchased an Arctic 1W laser from Wicked Lasers. Before people complain about how "rubbish" Wicked Lasers are, I am aware of most of those opinions having read quite a bit about them on this forum before posting this.

Personally, I've had no troubles so far, the laser arrived well-packaged in good time (6 working days) and I was well-informed throughout the process.

The safety goggles supplied noticeably dampen the blue light, and there is a mere, relatively dim, dot and certainly no beam when they are worn.

I am impressed by it's burning power, even without the Focusing lens, though according to the power chart WL provided, the laser is more like 1200mW not the 1W advertised (though if anyone with an LPM in, or near, Yorkshire (UK) would like to help verify, that would be much appreciated!).

Anyway, enough about my new toy, more about me! My name's Nick and I've been curious on-and-off about lasers for quite some time, though I never owned anything over 5mW before I got this Arctic. I have a 5mW 405nm from Skylasers (before they became laserbtb) and a 5mw 532nm from DX.com, though I want to get rid of this in favour of one that actually does have an IR filter (probably also from laserbtb).

I'm not sure what else a forum such as this would want to know, but if you have any burning questions ('scuse the pun), please ask in this Thread!

EDIT: I've also ordered a replacement battery and charger, as I gather the WL ones can be a tad dodgy (Redilast 18650 Protected 3400mAh and Nitecore Intellicharge i2).

Last edited:

NKO29

Welcome! I am in Australia, where the laws are complete bullshit :p Anyways, nice to have you here and can i expect to see any threads of you building lasers?
-Josh

Hey Josh/NK029, Building lasers will have to wait until after A) I have enough information about it from LPF and B) I have recovered from the financial spike that is the WL Arctic. Oh, and C) I guess I want a Lasersabre for the Arctic first, too ;)

I thought he would of been from Greenland :(

Why nobody from Greenland :(

Anyway, welcome to the forums man!