Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green vs Blue, Is the distance/range difference significant?

Wake

Definitely, that's absolutely the case. It is stunning at night. :)

I was able to get in touch with Peng tonight. The total ended up being $136 USD w/ DHL shipping. He said he would contact me again by Tuesday with the tracking info. I can't wait to recieve it :)

Are there any good budget safety glasses you'd recommend? I just want to have the option to mess around with it indoors if I ever decide to.

Last edited:

Sta

Re: GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

I was able to get in touch with Peng tonight. The total ended up being $132 USD w/ DHL shipping. He said he would contact me again by Tuesday with the tracking info. I can't wait to recieve it :)

Are there any good budget safety glasses you'd recommend? I just want to have the option to mess around with it indoors if I ever decide to.

Unfortunately there aren't any cheap, good safety goggles.
eBay red safety goggles will prevent the brightness of the dot from becoming annoying, but will NOT protect you from a direct hit.
So if you choose to go that way just be very careful and never, ever use it near mirrors, even with the goggles on.
I say, you only have one pair of eyes, get some quality goggles, you will not regret it. Here are the cheapest ones that will actually protect you: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

:beer:

Wake

Unfortunately there aren't any cheap, good safety goggles.
eBay red safety goggles will prevent the brightness of the dot from becoming annoying, but will NOT protect you from a direct hit.
So if you choose to go that way just be very careful and never, ever use it near mirrors, even with the goggles on.
I say, you only have one pair of eyes, get some quality goggles, you will not regret it. Here are the cheapest ones that will actually protect you: Eagle Pair® 190-540nm Standard Laser Safety Goggles

If everything goes to plan, I should have the laser by the end of the day. It only took a day to make it to LA. Peng didn't ship the laser out till Wednesday (Tuesday our time) and wasn't able to give me the shipping info until later because of a personal family matter. But so far, 2-3 day shipping from China is the fastest I've ever had.

Last edited:

Sta

If everything goes to plan, I should have the laser by the end of the day. It only took a day to make it to LA. Peng didn't ship the laser out till Wednesday (Tuesday our time) and wasn't able to give me the shipping info until later because of a personal family matter. But so far, 2-3 day shipping from China is the fastest I've ever had.

That is great news, excited for you! That is incredibly fast shipping. :beer:

Wake

That is great news, excited for you! That is incredibly fast shipping. :beer:

Here's a pic I took while messing around with it: http://i.imgur.com/EGL7Tn0.jpg - The build quality is great, and there's a few scratches that are barely visible. The beam is pretty much exactly what I was looking for (wide & very visible). Compared to the eBay pointer this laser is miles ahead. I did notice it getting a little warm a couple times so I let it rest for a min (how long can I leave it on without damaging it?). Also I noticed the connection where the positive end of the battery meets is kind of flimsy? There's a circuit board and it's not flat, it's on a bit of an angle and if enough pressure is applied it can be moved around. Should I be worried about this? Also could the laser potentially be well over 500mW? Overall, I'm very happy about the performance and quality of the laser :D

Sta

Here's a pic I took while messing around with it: http://i.imgur.com/EGL7Tn0.jpg - The build quality is great, and there's a few scratches that are barely visible. The beam is pretty much exactly what I was looking for (wide & very visible). Compared to the eBay pointer this laser is miles ahead. I did notice it getting a little warm a couple times so I let it rest for a min (how long can I leave it on without damaging it?). Also I noticed the connection where the positive end of the battery meets is kind of flimsy? There's a circuit board and it's not flat, it's on a bit of an angle and if enough pressure is applied it can be moved around. Should I be worried about this? Also could the laser potentially be well over 500mW? Overall, I'm very happy about the performance and quality of the laser :D

Glad you're enjoying it! :D
XPL often uses loose circuit boards, I am not quite sure why. I think Peng told me it was to protect the driver if dropped, but don't quote me on this. :)
I wouldn't worry about it, though. It never moves when batteries are in.
About the duty cycle, I can ask Peng for what it is exactly, but I haven't had any problems with 3-4 minutes on / 1 minute off.
And it probably is well over 500mW! Mine reaches more than 700 at times.