Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser

i don't know where to post this question since i'm not really planning to sell it just yet.

so last year i bought a 300-350mw after IR filtered green laser from laseropinterpen.net. that was before rayfoss them came out with theirs. the site claims to be oversoeced always but i'm not 100% sure.

what i want to know is this. do you guys think it'd be worth it now to try and sell it for ~450 on craigslist or here (where ever there's a buyer) and wait for green diodes to come out? i figure i could build a green laser for less when the diodes actually come out, IF they come out to mainstream for a reasonable price.

or do you guys think i should just keep this laser? it can stay on with out getting hot or anything for quite some time (site claims 5 min, but i never pushed it that hard XD). i wrote a review on this some time back. the only draw back to this laser is it's ~TEM30. the beam is just as nice as any other green though, it's only the burning and the dot that's not as good as it should be. but eh... with 445's those aren't factors too much with green any more XD

if i posted this in the wrong area, i'm sorry. please let me know what everyone thinks. all ideas are welcome.

I think it will be quite some time before green diodes come out with any decent output.
If a 10mW green comes out for less than $100, time to sell ;)

I think it will be quite some time before green diodes come out with any decent output.
If a 10mW green comes out for less than $100, time to sell ;)

u don't think there will be a quick pace boom like the 445s?

Impossible to say, there could be a breakthrough tomorrow but it isn't very likely unless another company develops a diode for a specific, popular consumer product.
The 445s are like a laser enthusiast's lottery winnings, it is amazing that it is even possible to make them this cheap.