Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser Scanning Photo

Sorry I've been missing for awhile. I've got some cool photos to show when I get the time to scan them. I took this one the other night of my brother, and I thought you all would appreciate it. Basically, what I did was used a line generating diffraction grating on a DX 50 mW and had my brother sit in an office chair, I had him close his eyes, and wear my goggles for added protection, and he spun around while I kept the laser still, and panned the camera across him. I thought it was a very interesting effect for a photo.

When I get the time, I'll upload some pictures I did in my photography class using my Senkat GB diode to burn the emulsion off some black and white film, it looks really interesting, so as soon as I scan it it, I'll upload it.

Attachments

• _MG_8191.jpg
    _MG_8191.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 75

H

High_Octane

jacob said:
so...exactly what is that a picture of? :-?

falchionsmight said:
I took this one the other night of my brother, and I thought you all would appreciate it. Basically, what I did was used a line generating diffraction grating on a DX 50 mW and had my brother sit in an office chair

:-?

I thought this was interesting because it makes it seem like it's possible to render a 3-D object onto a 2-D media while still showing all sides. I've seen this done using the CCD from scanners, but I didn't expect the laser to create this kind of an image. I thought it was kind of interesting. I'm glad you guys find it odd too, that's definitely what it is... but it might just be because my brother looks weird too!

Daedal

;D

Nice to see you back around here falchionsmight :)

That picture is exactly what I would expect from you ;) In a good way :p ;D

--DDL