Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Laser Builder services in the U.S.

BRTRAPS

Greetings,

I have a BeamQ Rifle sight laser advertised at 200mw, very bright dot and beam but I have no way to verify the power. The cold effects it during outdoor shooting but I have solved that with a hand warmer around it for the duration of the range time. Is there anyone I could send it to, to verify the power and maybe juice it up. It takes either a CR123 batt or a 16340 rechargeable. I also noticed the spring gets compressed sometimes from the recoil and I had to stretch it a tad. I'm sure there are better ones. Comparing it to the Feyachi brand green rifle sight laser it is more powerful.

I am a User not a builder and do not have the expertise. If anyone could do this work pls PM me so we can discuss it. I know many in here are quite gifted in knowledge of these gadgets and I respect that. I am an older guy with aging eyes.

Thank you all kindly,
Tom

Attachments

• High Power 200mW Green Laser Rifle Sight 1.jpg
    High Power 200mW Green Laser Rifle Sight 1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 2

Encap

Same post as 6 December 2020, different day? https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/green-laser-rifle-sight-help.107719/
Just repeating the same again is unlikely to produce a different answer.?
The laser pointers dealt with/built by members here do not have any capacity for azimuth and elevation adjustments.

Output power -if what you have from BeamQ outputs between 100mW and 200mW it is already 20 to 40 times the maximum legal US FDA power limit for a rifle sight laser of 5mW so...
The highest output 532nm small low cost/mass produced DPSS laser module is 200mW, most all offered are lower output and they are not adjustable or transformable into higher output devices.

It is not worth fooling with a low end/low quality low cost mass produced item for several reasons economic, technical, and legal. Is time and materials cost prohibitive to evaluate completely reengineering/changing the entire guts of what amounts to a $5 to $10 laser host/shell. Several hundreds of dollars of time/effort and materials just to evaluate what could be done within that laser housing's size/space and heat dissipation limitations and what the costs would be do whatever that is.

Same rifle sight lasers as you have are all over eBay for between $15 and $20 for complete kit https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=laser+rifle+sight

If you want just a laser pointer with 1" diameter tube to put in the rail mount, somebody could make/put together one that has a higher output using a 520mW laser diode, however spot size will larger to begin with than a 532nm and then larger and larger as distance increases due to divergence of the diode laser.

You can have a look here at a Sanwu 1.2W 520nm @ $420 + shipping green laser with 24mm diameter plain round host and unlimited runtime duty cycle---perhaps you could make the clamp you have work with it--still no azimuth or elevation adjustments but very bright and very eyesight dangerous--requirng laser glasses/goggles for safe use.. https://www.sanwulasers.com/product/silver

If you just want to have the laser you have output metered with a Laser Power Meter perhaps a member might LPM it for you if you paid shipping both ways.

Last edited:

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
This one went bad too? Man I'd say to stay away from that brand of lasers then because this is the second one.

There's no heatsinking for the module and a 200mw dpss 532nm laser requires it at that power. So they must be burning out from normal use and you can't put in a heatsink because that will take away the ability to adjust it. There's a flat spring in there that presses the module against the host and you turn the screws to center the laser module. There's no room for any heatsink sadly