Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Helium Neon Pictures

argon

Hi Guys ;-)

Today, I performed the monthly run of my little GreNe-Laser. The following pics were taken:

dsc03835n.jpg

dsc03826nh.jpg

dsc03828n.jpg

dsc03845nn.jpg

dsc03844nu.jpg

dsc03843n.jpg

High reflection side:

dsc03803n.jpg

Cathode:

dsc03838n.jpg

dsc03859n.jpg

Tube voltage was about 3kV, tube current about 6mA.

Best regards
argon

argon

Thanks, bobhaha. I'm working at a Fluke service department. The Fluke-45 came from a customer and was defective. He didn't want to execute the repair anymore, so I could do the repair for me :D

Best regards
kilovolt

Sweet! You can send some of the surplus stuff my way if you like :D

argon

At this moment I saw in your list, that you have a GreNe too and a lot of other awesome stuff, so no reason for being jealous or similar :yh:

Greets argon

Last edited:
At this moment I saw in your list, that you have a GreNe too and a lot of other awesome stuff, so no reason for being jealous or similar :yh:

Greets argon

I meant the fluke surplus :D

I love your He-Ne though... mine is all covered up

IMAG0688.jpg

argon

Wow, that's an awesome laser tube you got there ;-) How long is it? Looks great!

Someday I must have a yellow HeNe 594!

Last edited:
Nice pics! It's very hard to get both the plasma and beam in one shot like that without washing out the pic.

I haven't fired up my green tubes in awhile. Need to find a second PSU so I can run both the head and bare tube at once. Going to have to fire them up soon.

argon

Hello LtKernelPanic ;-)

Thanks for your kind comment. I'm actually not sure if HeNes also need a monthly burning session like argons. But from time to time a fire them up, mostly just for fun :)

HeNe's don't IIRC since all "modern" HeNe's are hard sealed the internal pressure remains stable. I usually fire them up every couple months when I give my argon its monthly burn.

argon

There are also argon lasers with hard sealed mirrors, but these also have to be run every month. But actually I'm not sure if HeNes really need the monthly burn, because I had never problems starting a HeNe. Maybe this is not as critical with a HeNe due to the higher burning voltage of the tube.

Best regards
argon

Last edited: