Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green and Blue, Burn or Bright

I was into lasers a lot a while back but eventually I seemed to have lost the 100mW green laser I had. It was awesome.

I'm planning to buy a new laser but I really want to ask about green vs blue.

I was looking at the wicked arctic, but found out they are way overhyped and aren't good at all. Dragon lasers seemed to have some good ones for decent price. I also stumbled upon warn laser today, but haven't heard anything about them.

I really like how my green laser was nice and bright, but this time I wanted something with some burning power. I looked at blue lasers and can find good ones, but I'm reading that blue won't be as bright? Is it better to just go with green instead? Green are much more expensive so I wouldn't be getting the same power, which means less burning.

Just not sure what to do. If all else fails I guess I could try making my own but it seems like it might be a little much for me.

This is all personal preference of what is more important to you. Big wattage on a blue like 3000mw will be super bright but the spot will not be as nice as a green. The green will also go a lot further but like you said no burn. Whatever your intending do do is what determines your future choice. Out of the companies you mentioned I would only buy from dragon. Warnlasers does not have a good rep here. And wicked even worse. I have a couple dragon lasers and couldn't be happier. I had a 1w spartan 447 and a 300mw hulk ultra. I love the hulk but I eventually sold the spartan because it is not focus able to buy a custom laser from one of the members here at triple the strength and about the same price. So if you want to burn buy a 445 from a member. If you want a nice dot that will go forever go with a company like laserbtb ,dragon lasers , CNi,jet lasers, sci fi lasers, olike. These are amount the trusted companies people from here all purchase from
Good luck be safe

LaserGlow, Optotronics are the best ones, closely followed by JETLasers and CNI. Sci-Fi Lasers is owned by a forum member here, so obviously a great choice to get lasers.

And I see no big qualms with WL recently, they seemed to have patched things up

Might not be worth taking the chance on Warn Laser when there are plenty of choices that we know are good buys.

If I get this from O-Like, I don't think it is focusable. Is there any way to make it focusable?

Powerful Crown upgrade 500mW green laser torch/waterproof [OL-532-500] - $274.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Also, I need some safety goggles. Are these ones on O-Like good? I might get a couple pairs.

http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=28

Last edited: