Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Got Bored - New LPF logo

I don't suppose anyone else has had a blank bookmark icon for this site since the update?
Yeah, the favicon is broken... Can't remember what it looked like since the update happened only a few weeks after I joined but that's not just you now you mention it :)

Benm

Lol, anytime you use a prism you will get a reference to Pink Floyd. Thanks Benm. :)

Yeah, i know... some things are just so iconic and etched into memory you'll never get away with using them again ;)

If you showed that logo without the letters to anyone one the street (over 30 perhaps) they'll say pink floyd - that's just the way it is.

Otherwise it does look nice, but perhaps not really fit for what lasers are all about: it shows white light being split into a rainbow, while monochomatic light is a key thing with lasers. On the other had it is physically more correct than the current logo where the prism changes the direction of all colours equally and not even in the proper path either.

I like the one Ears and Eggs pointed out, though it somehow reminds me of the logo used by 'the X files' at some point, the direct relation is not that strong.

Logo's looking a bit like other ones aren't always bad thing though, especially if they are used for totally unrelated things.

Sometimes it just happens, often not even on purpose, like how the livery on Virgin aircraft looked very much like that on Air Asia at some point. Both are airlines, but i don't believe there are (m)any places that a serviced by both companies so it may not be a problem.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
If you press shift+F5 (chrome) the favicon very briefly reappears and then disappears again.

Benm, good points again. The prism could be separating a supercontinuum? ;) I could also rework some of the wavelengths out to make it look more laser like.