Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

good or bad schematic?

does anyone recommend using this circuit for my first diy red? if so can u help me out making it? i don't want to mess up!

You can use that, but you won't get nearly as much power, life, or fun out of it as if you built a proper driver.
Look at the ' *** THREADS OF INTEREST ***' in this board.

Bad idea dont use it, it will let any voltage spike thru it and well its just bad, If you want it to have a short life u can use it but if you want it to have a long life, go to expirements and mods then click on threads of interests then click on homeade driver.

....lazer.... ;D ;D ;D

S

SenKat

Yeah, to answer your question - BAD idea. I do not recommend using that schematic at all.

if i used a capacitor in parallel with the diode, will that be a better idea? or is there other things wrong with it as well? i know there are missing components, but is everything hooked up properly?

The thing wrong with it is that it isn't a LD driver. LASER Diodes need to be driven at a consant current. A constant current driver will keep the current the same regardless of changes to the input voltage, the forward voltage drop of the LD, or the resistance of the LD.

So again, the short answer is 'yes, you could use that, but it's a bad idea.'

wooooooolazer said:
go to expirements and mods then click on threads of interests then click on homeade driver.

It's great to ask questions, but if someone gives you the answer, you might want to at least take a look at it. ;)

a_pyro_is said:
It's great to ask questions, but if someone gives you the answer, you might want to at least take a look at it.  ;)

That sounds like a famous phrase somone said lol.

....lazer....