Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goggles/glasses.

Ok, I have a >240 mW laser that I made, and I want to know 1. would I need to buy more than standard laser safety goggles to view it and 2. is there any way I can get something to put on my glasses or contacts instead of safety goggles?

My assumption is that the laser is in the visible spectrum? If so at 240mW you could do with an OD3 goggle or higher depending on your needs. If you still want to see the spot OD3 will work for you (diffuse viewing only). You might find this type of protective lens described as an alignment goggle.

The design of laser safety glasses/goggles is to prevent exposure at any angle thus you have side shields etc. There are clip on protective lenses and clip on side shields you can add to your glasses but it would be much cheaper to just purchase a large frame goggle to cover your glasses.

These are a bit more than you need since they are OD5+ across the red spectrum but the frame style is what is important. This style will work with and without glasses on so look for something like this:
http://store.oemlasersystems.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32_7_17&products_id=222