Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glued vs separate crystal

Oddly I didn't get any response to this question on the green laser forum. I'm reposting the question in the general section hoping for an opinion. I hope this isn't a no-no.

I know that there has been some discussion on glued vs separate crystals, but I haven't been able to find any definitive answers so far.

On a 50mW green laser, should i spend an extra 30% to get a separate crystal laser (see below link):
HL 532nm 50-300

I know that the separate crystal is supposed to cool better and thus provide a more stable beam, but... on a 50 mW green laser for star gazing is it really worth it?

Thanks for any with information!

Definitely not worth it.

Now RUN before they find your additional thread! FLEE!

Agreed, at 50mW, not worth it. The host, externally will look exactly the same, and there is no reason why 50mW (or more) can't be produced with a glued crystal.

I have three of these coming in the GB, kind of curious to see if beam specs will differ in any way from the more powerful 150mW & 300mW versions.

Now RUN before they find your additional thread! FLEE!

:crackup: It's only a matter of time now....

Last edited:
Choosing between those two I would definitely go for the glued crystal.
Be sure to compare to other sites though! Lazerer and O-like are pretty similar to laserbtb

:crackup: It's only a matter of time now....

What exactly is gonna happen to this guy? lol

Last edited:
What exactly is gonna happen to this guy? lol

An etiquette nazi, from the grave of LPF past rises up and eats his brains :tinfoil:

This is why one should always have a laser on hand to defend themselves.... lasers > zombie nazis :eg:

Last edited:

DrSid

Crystal alignment is very tricky, and success is not guaranteed. It's good experiment .. but as a plan to upgrade laser it sucks.