Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gloggles for my 445 from Laserglow

Hvydvy

Hi folks

I payed a visit to Laserglow today and Justin was kind enough to test out my new laser for me and recommend a pair of glasses. Laser seen here http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/first-laser-assembled-dtr-kit-77258.html
It peaked at almost 2.4 watts and then dropped to just above 2 watts and ran close to 3 minutes I think. It got pretty hot but cooled off fast still wouldn't have wanted to let it run any longer. The glasses are OD 7 and certified and are quite well built as well as they have a clip in frame for prescription lenses. They were a tad expensive however the peace of mind is worth it since I plan on doing a lot of burning at close distance of around 2 or 3 feet on wood and paracord.

I can't see any blue however I can see the florescence at the point of the dot and it is quite bright. I am not too sure how long it is safe to view the florescence for however I do see a bit of a blue afterglow for a minute after burning.

IMG_20120912_205021.jpg

IMG_20120912_203502.jpg